Greetings! There are many different ways that individual breeders operate and I know you are here because you want a better understanding of our unique process. We hope this page helps to show you what you can expect when you work with Winding Creek Ranch! We don't just sell puppies. We work hard for our clients, in order to provide support, education,
and a whole unique experience.
Let us know if you have any questions! :)
1.Email us - The first thing to do is send an email to: email@example.com in order to establish a connection. If you know that you are 100% ready to commit to working with Winding Creek Ranch, you are welcome to go ahead and fill out the application but please do not skip this step. If you do not email us, past experience has taught us that our emails will most likely wind up in your SPAM folder. :(
2.Fill out the application - After you have already emailed us, we will need to receive a fully filled out Application. This initial information helps us determine which litters will or will not work for you, questions we may have for you, and allows us to move forward with your reservation, from our end. Please only fill this out once you are 100% sure that you want to work with Winding Creek Ranch on your upcoming adoption. (You'll want to avoid hitting the Enter key, until finished with the form, or it will submit prematurely.) If you still have questions, please reach out via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
3.Choose a litter - We would like to have a discussion with you, about what exactly you are looking for, regarding size, coat traits, color, etc. Since we have a very good understanding of genetics and know our bloodlines, we ask that you please be willing to discuss these things with us so we can asist you in determining a litter that will be a good fit. Please know that there is an overwhelming amount of misinformation out there about generation, gender, etc. Since our allocation process is temperament and compatibility based, it's extremely important that we place you with a litter that has physical traits you will be happy with. We love opportunities to help our clients navigate this confusion. This is a big part of the service we strive to bring to you. :)
4. Pay the 1st Installment - Once you've figured out which litter you wish to place your reservation with, it's time to secure your spot by paying the 1st Installment of $500. We will send you an email with instructions on how to take care of that payment, via Venmo or Paypal. If you don't have Venmo, you can pay through Paypal, with a credit or debit card, even without a Paypal account. If you have questions about other methods of payment, don't hesitate to ask. Your 1st Installment will go towards your puppy.
5. Wait - OK, this might be the worst part of the process! haha If your chosen litter has not yet been born, you will not hear from us until we are either reporting a confirmed pregnancy or with a litter announcement. If you litter has been born already, we will be in contact with you, periodically, by sending preparation emails and updating the photo album. :)
6. Litter Announcement - Once the litter has been born, we send out a litter annoucement email which lets you know how many puppies there are and will include a link to join the Google Photo album for that litter. There will already be at least one new litter pic in the album!
7. Puppy Pictures - Once a litter is born, a Google Photo album is created. You will receive a link to view the pictures and if you have a Google account, you should join the Google Photo album so you will receive notifications when new pics are added. If you do not have a Google account, and don't wish to create one, you will need to file the email, containing the link, so you have easy access to the photo album anytime you want. We are commited to adding new pics at least every two weeks but usually it's more often than that. ;)
8. Preparation - We send a great deal of information, via email, between the time your puppy is born and it goes home with you. We take this information very seriously and want you to feel 100% prepared on the day you are taking your new puppy home.These emails cover almost everything and it is highly recommended to either print these out or file them in an email folder for future reference. Our clients always tell us that they appreciate this part of the process. Anything that isn't covered in the emails, we will clear up in our pre-pickup, group, Zoom meeting that we have for each litter.
9. Allocation Questionnaire - At some point, after the puppies are born, you will receive this important email. This is different from the puppy application that you originally filled out. The purpose of this is solely to create a profile that shows us what makes you and/or your family unique. We need to have this information, in order to match you with the perfect puppy! Please read about our professional allocation process HERE.
9. Temperament Testing - When the puppies are 7 wks old, temperament testing will be done on the puppies. This is what allows us to see the tendencies of each puppy and make sure they are not improperly placed. Our goal is to create a situation where each client and puppy will have the most successful outcome possible. Our past clients have been very pleased with this professional and science-based approach.
10. Puppy Stork email - Once we have figured out which puppy will be the most compatible option for each family, a custom Puppy Stork email will be sent out to each family. This will explain how the testing went, give information on any key points that were determining factors for the placement, as well as any individual, puppy specific, training advise there might be. This is a very exciting email to receive! Please keep in mind that this email typically goes out just days prior to pick-up. Due to the puppies brain development, they can't be temperament tested until 7 wks of age. The timing of the Puppy Stork email hinges on that.
11. Zoom meeting - A few days before you are scheduled to pick your puppy up, we will have a group Zoom meeting to discuss everything from crate placement, to feeding schedules, to socialization, and everything in between. It's more like a class and the feedback has been extremely positive from our past clients. You'll have ample opportunity to make sure all of your final questions are asked and answered during this meeting.
12. Puppy Purchase Agreement - This is also known as your warranty contract. We utilize a digital signing company called Sign Now. At some point, after your puppy has been born and prior to your puppy leaving, you will receive an invitation to sign this document. Finally, you will receive a hard copy, fully signed by both parties, in your puppy's binder.
13. Puppy Pick-up/Delivery - This is the day you've been waiting for! If you are coming to pick up your puppy in person, we have a curbside pick-up. At this point, everything has been taken care of already so all there is left to do is tak your puppy home! Your puppy will be ready to go, as well as your puppy's binder, Snuggle Puppy (acclimation aid toy), collar, and leash, in a Winding Creek Ranch bag. If you are flying in, we will meet you at Indianpolis International Airport, with your puppy, and you can then take your puppy home as carry-on. We do not charge extra to drive to the airport, even though it's 2 hrs round trip for us. We thank you, in advance, for being willing to adopt from us, in spite of your distance from us! Don't hesitate to ask about this process. We've had clients fly in anywhere from California, to New York, to Florida, and anything in between! We also have flight nanny services available, for an additional fee, if you wish to have a trusted Winding Creek Ranch member personally escort your puppy to a major airport near you, where you will meet them to get your puppy. In most cases, we have been able to deliver puppies for a total cost of $650. When considering the cost of delivery, keep in mind...if you travel yourself, you will have to pay for your own flight plus the $125 fee to carry the puppy with you one way, buy a soft-sided carrier that you'll probably only use once, parking for the day, meals, and you have the inconvenience of planning, scheduling, and traveling. Many of our clients prefer to leave this all to us and love the stress free convenience of using our flight nanny service. We are more than happy to give you a price quote, for this service, for a puppy already born. Don't hesitate to reach our for a quote! :)
14. Ongoing support - In the event you ever have a question regarding your puppy, we welcome emails, even if it's many years down the road. We now consider you are part of the Winding Creek Ranch family! We even have a private Facebook group that you can join, after you have possession of your puppy! :)
We hope this helps you feel confident in our process,
which is designed to be an engaging experience,
ultimately providing you with
a new, furry friend
who will be a much-loved companion
for many years!
Learn what is included with your puppy below...
Thank you! :)
What comes with your puppy:
- Snuggle Puppy acclimation aid (scented with siblings and $45 value)
- All age appropriate vaccinations
- Several dewormings
- Puppy's health record
- Puppy's 1st groom prior to going home
- FREE appreciation gift...designer collar plus training leash
- Microchip implantation with PRE-PAID registration card
- 24 month genetic health warranty
- Pedigrees on puppy's parents
- Copies of the parents' health testing
- All of your paperwork will come in a professional looking, Winding
Creek Ranch binder, with our logo on the front, called the
- Puppy Preparation Emails...we intend for you to feel 100% prepared for your
- Limited Lifetime Support...this means that you should always first contact a veterinarian, trainer or animal behaviorist if you find yourself needing professional help. We are very limited from the other end of an email or phone. You'll have the best chance at success by using specialized professionals in your area. However, we are always here if
Please note: Winding Creek Ranch (WCR) reserves the right to take 1st pick male and 1st and 2nd pick female out of any litter, whenever it is determined necessary, for the benefit of this breeding program. This decision may be made at any time. WCR is also responsible for making sure puppies are matched appropriately with families. Please read our Allocation page for details.
~A must-have for your new Goldendoodle puppy and you.~
You don't have to stand in the store, scratching your head, feeling like you have analysis paralysis as you waste precious time searching for the best products to properly care for your adorable Goldendoodle. Unfortunately, you can't try before you buy with pet care items. If you'd like to learn about a totally customized care kit, put together by me, Christy, for you and your new puppy, pleaseCLICK HEREand the details will appear. ;o)
Note: The deposit amount below includes the Paypal fees ($15.00). The amount of $500 will go towards your balance. Alternatively, you may inquire about forms of payment that do not have fees attached. Thank you.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.